Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back In Action!

Well I've been in blog hiding for awhile. I'm back now, fueled with Problogger tips and a new found excitement for writing. I feel much better about the whole process and am ready to get moving. Instead of just talking about my art process and shows I'm doing (which I will still do), I've decided to add some skills and lessons on stretching canvas, talking with galleries, dressing for success, marketing, etc. Basically anything I deem worthy as helpful artist advice. So look out!!

I kind of got burnt out on what to blog about, how much to blog (you see I have 2 blogs and started out everyday on both, that quickly changed and then dropped off on both), and the overall idea of it. I have since gotten a new inspiration on the whole process and am very excited about it. Since I have 2 blogs, it was very overwhelming. I decided to put HardLeatherz News on hiatus until I have this one moving along at a good pace and have more content for HardLeatherz.

From now on there will be more value for all readers, as well as continuous tidbits on myself :-D Speaking of that...I have been very busy painting pieces for the Gallery in San Diego Ca, The Liffey Art House. I am giving them 5 pieces. 1 large 4' x 5' piece and 4 smaller ones. This gallery puts me 1 step closer to moving to back to CA. Also, this Saturday is the Deep Ellum Art Walk. Along with having my work in Studio Fling Art Gallery, I am working with Town Square Magazine on an After Party and VIP Room for the event. We are setting up a Green Room of high-end art (my stuff is there ;-) too!), a band, food, and drinks. It is for all the sponsors, gallery owners, local hotel and restaurant owners, and a few select individuals from each gallery participating in the Art Walk. It looks to be a pretty big event, as long as the weather stays good (Hurricane Ike seems to want to come and play, but I told him he's not invited!).

Starting next week, I am going to start a series of blogs on the process of stretching a canvas and all it entails. Stay tuned.....Because I'm back and better than ever!

Anyone have advice on canvas stretching or what your process is, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments: